[Zope] Re: Transaction support on MySQL

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:34:27 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Simpson <evan@4-am.com>
To: Bjorn Stabell <bjorn@stabell.priv.no>
Cc: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Sunday, September 26, 1999 11:26 PM
Subject: [Zope] Re: Transaction support on MySQL

>Yeah!  When I first read the feature list for Flash 4, I was impressed, but
>couldn't think what we would really want to use it for.  A Flash interface
>to Zope would be cool to hold us over until the Mozilla thing comes
together
>:-)

I've done some work with Flash. I don't think I'd want to use it to edit my
DTML :)

Also, IE seems to cache things more vigorously when you use Flash's Get URL
command. I've got a Flash navbar on my Zope site, and I find that the page
is not always refreshed as I'd like. This could be because I have my pages
masquerading as normal HTML to trick search engines...

Flash *is* good for doing absolute positioning, but I'm not sure how well it
would work for creating forms that are supposed to be printed. That's
definitely *not* what Flash was designed for :)

Kevin