[Zope] Detecting acl username

David Kankiewicz kankie@thegrid.net
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:58:10 -0700

At 02:38 PM 9/27/99 +0000, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>i was suggesting something similar, actually, but my suggestion failed
>because i could not remember what the method name is to get at the
>desired name. like someone else suggested (was it this morning?), what
>about a reference document that lists
>
>* variables accessible from REQUEST (like AUTHENTICATED_USER and such)
>* methods exposed by these objects (like
>AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName())

The Zope Quick Reference (ZQR) project is attempting to do this, its at:

http://www.zope.org/Member/ZQR  (second time this morning)

note: the .getUserName is not listed in the AUTHENTICATED_USER object, I'm
working on that right now.

Now, for the people DC, what is the best method to identify all the exposed
methods from a given object? I think that the ZQR has ?most? of them but
its hard to find the remaining ones, I come across a few every now and
then, but its slow.

Can I get some sort of feedback or link up with some people on the list who
know about missing objects, variables, and methods. (this should happen
privately or on the ZDP)

TIA,
David
tone..