[Zope] Zope, Emacs, and IDEs

Eron woodsage@op.net
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:29:28 -0400

editors brought me to wonder a few things (please excuse me if these are
redundant questions, but I haven't found any info on them..).

   * I hear it's possible to edit Zope objects (DTML, etc.) from within
     Emacs. Is this possible? And if so, is there any way to configure
     syntax highlighting and do formatting? This honestly would be the
     only editing tool I need. Is there info on this anywhere?
   * If it is possible to use Emacs, then what about other text editors?
     The TEXT form on the browser management screen just isn't what I
     need when I'm on the server machine. How about using something like
     the GtkEditor widget wrapped either in PyGTK or WxWindows/Python,
     where you can have a slim text IDE that can edit, format, and
     highlight Zope objects, HTML, XML, and python code. Something like
     Homesite, without all the fluff :-).
   * Any other ideas, suggestions?

I'm building a Zope-based project (called CIS), and would like to
eventually integrate some development/administration tools along with
the system, that are easy to use yet remain flexible.  Issues like these
are top on the list of getting other developers to help, so I'd like to
find out some options. Thanks in advance.

Eron

editors brought me to wonder a few things (please excuse me if these are
redundant questions, but I haven't found any info on them..).
<ul>
<li>
I hear it's possible to edit Zope objects (DTML, etc.) from within Emacs.
Is this possible? And if so, is there any way to configure syntax highlighting
and do formatting? This honestly would be the only editing tool I need.
Is there info on this anywhere?</li>

<li>
If it is possible to use Emacs, then what about other text editors? The
TEXT form on the browser management screen just isn't what I need when
I'm on the server machine. How about using something like the GtkEditor
widget wrapped either in PyGTK or WxWindows/Python, where you can have
a slim text IDE that can edit, format, and highlight Zope objects, HTML,
XML, and python code. Something like Homesite, without all the fluff :-).</li>

<li>
Any other ideas, suggestions?</li>
</ul>
I'm building a Zope-based project (called CIS), and would like to eventually
integrate some development/administration tools along with the system,
that are easy to use yet remain flexible.&nbsp; Issues like these are top

--------------7A0984208AFB88F4DD4C8078--