[Zope] Zope, Emacs, and IDEs

Peter Sabaini sabaini@niil.at
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:30:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:

:Eron wrote:
:>
:>    * I hear it's possible to edit Zope objects (DTML, etc.) from
:>      within Emacs. Is this possible? And if so, is there any way to
:>      configure syntax highlighting and do formatting? This honestly
:>      would be the only editing tool I need. Is there info on this
:>      anywhere?
:
:If you run ZServer with the FTP option, in Emacs you can use ange-ftp:
:
:C - x C - f
:/username@server port:/path/to/object
:
:The literal space ' ' is inserted by hitting C - q <space bar>
:
:(C - x C - f is Emacs notation for Control-X Control-F, if you didn't
:know).
:
:With Xemacs:
:
:C - x C - f
:/username@server#port:/path/to/object

with xemacs i also find it useful to prevent efs from making
backup copies (zopes undo features are better anyway) so dtml
methods dont become dtml documents (the default for newly created
objects it seems). thats done by setting the variable
efs-make-backup-files to nil. put this into your .xemacs-custom
file:

(setq efs-make-backup-files nil)

(this turns backups off for all files edited via ftp!)

i think it should be similar with gnu emacs.

peter.

peter sabaini, mailto: sabaini@niil.at