[Zope] Allaire Spectra

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:18:50 +0800

>> BTW, a very large Brazilian ISP has a whole farm of Cold Fusion NT servers.
>> They have a team of SysOps whose main job is to hit the reset button on the
>> hung CF servers in a timely manner. This happens dozens of times every day.
>> Really. Steroid users tend to die soon.
>
>You should talk them into Zope. ;)

Maybe, maybe not. The real problem there is the NT system.
Would you entrust your website to Zope on NT ?

From personal experience, Zope on NT seems to work better if the server
is being hit continuously but I find that, after a lull (eg. no traffic
for a while), there is a long delay when the next request is made.

Btw, has anyone got Zope 2.x on NT to work using PCGI (and NOT Zserver) ?

chas