[Zope] Creation of Zclasses inside Zclasses

Martin Grabmueller grabmueller@pinuts.de
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:48:58 +0200

Hello Zope fellows,

after digging through tons of email in the archives
I still haven't found a solution for my problem:

Following the Zclasses tutorial on zope.org I created
a product and created a class inside that product.
When I tried to create an internal class as decribed
in the section "Classes inside Classes", I was able
to create an item of my new product, and could also
create objects of my new zclass. But the INNER class
does not appear in the "Available Objects" list for
objects of the outer class :(

Another problem I encountered is that I could add
Objects to the "subobjects" list of my zclass (which
inherits from ObjectManager, of course), but could
not _remove_ objects.  I would really like to do that,
so that the "Available Objects" list is not as crowded
in inner classes as it is globally. I only managed
items to appear twice in the "Available Objects" list,
and that was definitely not what I intended :)

TIA,
  mgrabmue

--
Pinuts media+science GmbH        http://www.pinuts.de