[Zope] standard error messages

panda@209.207.216.149 panda@skinnyhippo.com
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:23:21 +0800

At 06:08 PM 9/28/99 +0100, Ethan Fremen wrote:
>Andy Pahne wrote:
>>
>> I wonder how to customize the error messages that appear sometimes,
>
>Edit the dtml method called standard_error_message in the root
>directory.
>
>If you want it customized for where you are in Zope, I imagine that
>including different standard_error_messages in different folders would
>help.

But can you customise it for different error codes ?

This is particularly handy when relying on server/browser authentication.
It's nice to send users who get authentication errors to the
signup/registration
forms (certainly beats the current "Authorization Required" error page) and
makes
it more appealing to use server authentication as opposed to hacking together
hotmail/yahoo-mail style forms and cookies for authentication purposes.

chas