[Zope] Zope in Portals

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:56:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> > Incidentally, the "+100 users comment" raises the question: Will Zope
> > allow the same database connection to be used simultaneously in more than
> > one thread?
>
> Each thread can have a connection to each database that is accessed, but
> connections are not shared between threads in the way you are hypothesizing.
> We are talking of Level 3 DAs, those that are fully thread-safe, which the
> MySQL DA is not.  It must be run in a single thread.  With Oracle for
> example, if you have 5 application threads, you could theoretically have 5
> Oracle connections.

Actually, the patch I have for ZMySQLDA to make it use MySQLdb/_mysql
instead of MySQLmodule-1.4 makes it fully thread-safe. I've flogged
MySQLdb/_mysql with a test script and typically use 3-5 threads and it
works fine, no leaks, no blocking.

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d