[Zope] ZCatalog / Zsearch dates?

Kuraiken arashi1@pd.jaring.my
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 06:17:42 +0800

Hi all,

I've come across another problem about searching. A ZCLass has a date property.
(yyyy/mm/dd) The instances stores the dates no prblem. The catalog also stores
it in the meta-data table. I've also got it in the index list. (tried both
textIndex and fieldIndex) - rebuilt the search interfaces both times.

Even though in the "search" dtml, the field "date" appears, filling this field
for a search turn up zero matches every time! Even though there are clearly
instances with those dates stored - (searching for items while leaving the
"date" field empty indicates that the date _is_ stored by the catalog.

How do I get searches for dates to work? (date type in the class property sheet)
Could it be a bug in the search interface methods? I'm using the generated
methods...is there something I need to add?

Kuraiken - Python fanatic.
Python. Try it. It'll swallow you whole!