[Zope] 2.0.1 File Add Error; Help.

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:01:52 +0100

A colleague is getting an error when trying to add a large file with ID UK99.zip I'm
sure that the file exists. Adding a test file worked OK. I have tried the same operation on my
machine and get no error. On his machine an FTP transfer can upload the file.

I run win95 with no network. The error occurs with 2.0.1 Win98 with I think Novell as the
network provider. We're just about to go live so I need some input on this. According to my
buddy the transaction seems to be doing something, but then after a fairly long time the error
happens. Could there be a timeout somewhere along the line?

 Zope Error

            Error Type: NameError
            Error Value: invalid

            Troubleshooting Suggestions

                This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object or variable
invalid.
                The URL may be incorrect.
                The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
                A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

            For more detailed information about the error, please refer
to the HTML source for this page.

            If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
Thank you for your patience.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line
214, in publish_module
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 201, in zpublisher_exception_hook
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 165, in publish
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_addFile)
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 102, in call_object
    (Object: manage_addFile)
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\OFS\Image.py, line 119, in manage_addFile
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\OFS\Image.py, line 239, in manage_upload
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\OFS\Image.py, line 311, in _read_data
  File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZODB\Transaction.py, line 237, in commit
  File C:\python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZODB\Connection.py, line 300, in commit
NameError: (see above)
--
Robin Becker