[Zope] where are you sticking site-wide methods/resources ? (too manyDTML-WITH's) DTML-WITH's)

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:53:12 +0800

>>><dtml-var "Imports.folder.method()">
>>
>>One of the first things I tried as I remember. Worked OK for
>>simple methods but for more complex methods :
>>
>>a) variables kept disappearing (which means I really don't grok
>>   this acquisition business yet).
>>
>>b) the DTML method could no longer 'import' other things.
>
>Try this:
>
><dtml-var "Imports.folder.method(_.None, _)">
>
>This will pass the namespace to the method, and possibly fix a & b above...

I read that line of code you wrote and smiled/laughed to myself because :

a) Just how intuitive is '_.None, _' ?

b) Where on earth do you dig all this stuff up from ? I swear you've
   got different documentation from everyone else. You must live in
   the source.

c) I knew it would work. After all, it's you again :)

And work it did.

You're a freaking nutter, Kevin, and thank god you're on our side :)

Thanks indeed.

chas