[Zope] Any alternative to &arg in URL?

Jeffrey Shell Jeffrey@digicool.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:47:10 -0400

> You can replace the '&' where it occurs in the arguments with %26
> and it will be turned back into '&' when the url is processed.

I think doing this is similar to doing < > in HTML.  It's a way of
passing in the ampersand character to a CGI argument without it being
interpreted as a parameter-breaker.

If you make a form with a couple of fields with a GET method, and enter
in strings like "this & that" and "97% off" and watch the URL in the
browser, you'll see the & in "this & that" get turned into the %26.  (I
think :)

I think the real thing to do is to use & in URLs.  I know that some
older versions of Netscape Navigator had problems with this though (I
can't remember if they had problems if you used & in URLs or just
the & on its own.  I only remember shaking my head in grief).