[Zope] Problems with FTP port 8021

Ken Kinder kkinder@messagemedia.com
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 16:42:42 -0600

I've been trying to use an FTP client to access Zope with little luck.
As luck would have it, I'm behind an IP Masquerading box at home. The
FTP module on Linux for IP forwarding works on port 21. This seems to
be hard coded. Unfortunately, the firewall box is an old eSoft box that
has an old version of Debian and Linux. It is also a headless box and
if I try to install a new version of Linux, and it doesn't work, I'm
screwed. This removes the possibility of recompiling the FTP module
to work on port 8021.

Is there a way I can use FTP port 8021 or an alternate protocol that
works with IP forwarding?

--
Ken Kinder
303.381.7631