[Zope] web folders - advice requested...

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 18:44:31 -0600

Kevin Meinert wrote:

> I want to implement a "web folders" style interface.
> I'd like to be able to edit the entries with a web browser, and be
> able to attach files to the tree - like PDF docs, and jpg/gif/png
> pictures.

Editing entires with your browser is a freebie with zope, and attaching
files shouldn't be a problem either.

> I'm guessing I could do it with MySQL...  what does everyone think?

It's hierarchical data, so the ZODB is better than MySQL.

> Is there a Zope plugin that already does this.
> Does someone have some code laying around you could send me?

Um... you don't really need a "plugin" to do it in zope.  Just a little
DTML work with dtml-in.  The main hassle would be getting it laid out in
the same format, but it's doable.

Look at the DTML guide and the Zope Quick Reference for more information
about dtml-in.

Ethan Fremen
--
http://mindlace.net __________________ mindlace@imeme.net
I don't want The Truth but I wouldn't mind a Big Analogy.