[Zope] Re[2]: [Zope] full textsearch on own products !!

Anders Holmbech Nielsen ahn2@integrator.dk
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:41:19 +0200

>on Thursday, March 30, 2000 Anders Holmbech Nielsen wrote :
>AHN> Thanks for your answer but it doesn't seem to work.
>
>AHN> I have tried to made a method called both raw and
>AHN> PrincipiaSearchSource, reindexed the catalog and placed the method in
>AHN> both the product dir and the product/product_entry/method dir. But it
>AHN> doesn't work. Do you or anyone have an idea to what I have missed.
>AHN> The method I have used is:
>
>AHN> return string.join((self.overskrift, self.indhold, self.forfattere), ';')
>

>Does the method return the full text if you call it
>directly?

Nope - instead it just returns the content of the method:
return string.join((self.overskrift, self.indhold, self.forfattere), ';')

In other words it doesn't calculate anything but just return the
content. It is in a DTML method so I guess that that is the correct
way to do it. But it sure seems that I am doing something wrong here.
But what ???

Do you or anyone else have an idea or an example that works ?

>like:
>
>http://your.zopeserver.dk/yourZclass_instance/PrincipiaSearchSource
>
>you should get the raw contents of the instance..
>
>If you don't , somethings wrong with the method or its
>placement..
>i think product/product_entry/methods is the right place..
>
>If you get the raw text returned, the fault is with your
>Zcatalog.. Have you updated it after adding the pythonmethod
>??
>- Checking the status-view of your zcatalog can often help to see
>if it has updated correctly..
>
>--
>Geir Bækholt Hansen
>web-developer/designer
>geirh@funcom.com
>http://www.funcom.com

Regards

Anders Holmbech Nielsen | Tlf:  (+45) 70 22 56 00
Software Engineer       | Fax:  (+45) 70 22 57 00
Integrator Uniware A/S  | http:/www.integrator.dk