[Zope] Problems with manage_clone

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 11:45:00 -0600

a.wacknitz@francotyp.com wrote:

> Second, how can I parameterize the location where the clones will be added?
> For the moment my solution is to copy the document that calls the
> manage_clone() method to the destination folder for the clones...

Let's say you have a string property or dtml-let that assigns a folder
id to "newhome".

<dtml-with _[newhome]>
 <dtml-call manage_clone()>
</dtml-with>

If you need it to be deeper, you can do
<dtml-with _[someroot]._[somefolder]._[somehome]>
but that may need to be
<dtml-with "_[someroot]._[somefolder]._[somehome]">

Check the "namespaces howto" for more information on _[] and other
wierdness

You probably want to wrap that in a <dtml-if>, because if "newhome"
doesn't exist, you'll get an error.

--
ethan mindlace fremen        mindlace@imeme.net