[Zope] Question about the performace of Zope and if there is a way to use pop3

jensebaer jensebaer#hotmail.de@hotmail.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 20:11:19 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0166_01BF9E71.F0C68BA0

Hi Zopers,

i have a general problem. May someone can help me.

the users of my site should be able to lay down their content on the =
site (creating their own websites / like tripod) and they should have =
the possibility to get an email acount. user@myserver.com
Every user should have the possibility to use pop3 to get his mail from =
the server.

At the moment I am using Zope (with Medusa) and Apache.

I want to use Zope but i dont know if there is a limit of users on the =
site (performance). I think 5 000 users are to many???????

I thought about using mySQL to handel the useracounts (I think there is =
already aproduct for this), but whats about the content of the users. =
Should the content be stored into the zope database or can I store the=20
content at the linux filesystem?

I thought about saving the data under /home/siteuser//content for =
example (by using a python funktion???) but then I have to use the =
useradd linux command and I am not quit sure if this work. Security?
Is there a way to add user in linux? I think that can be a solution for =
the pop3 email problem.

I hope I was able to explain my problem.

I do not know much about Linux and Python but I have to find a solution.
Any suggestions about this?

Thank you for your help

Jens

------=_NextPart_000_0166_01BF9E71.F0C68BA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Zopers,<BR><BR>i have a general =
problem. May=20
someone can help me.<BR><BR>the users of my site should be able to lay =
down=20
their content on the site (creating their own websites / like tripod) =
and they=20
should have the possibility to get an email acount. <A=20
href=3D"mailto:user@myserver.com">user@myserver.com</A><BR>Every user =
should have=20
the possibility to use pop3 to get his mail from the server.<BR><BR>At =
the=20
moment I am using Zope (with Medusa) and Apache.<BR><BR>I want to use =
Zope but i=20
dont know if there is a limit of users on the site (performance). I =
think 5 000=20
users are to many???????<BR><BR>I thought about using mySQL to handel =
the=20
useracounts (I think there is&nbsp;already aproduct for this), but whats =
about=20
the content of the users. Should the content be stored into the zope =
database or=20
can I store the <BR>content at the linux filesystem?<BR><BR>I thought =
about=20
saving the data under /home/siteuser//content for example (by using a =
python=20
funktion???) but then I have to use the useradd linux command and I am =
not quit=20
sure if this work. Security?<BR>Is there a way to add user in linux? I =
think=20
that can be a solution for the pop3 email problem.<BR><BR>I hope I was =
able to=20
explain my problem.<BR><BR>I do not know much about Linux and Python but =
I have=20
to find a solution.<BR>Any suggestions about this?<BR><BR><BR>Thank you =
for your=20
help<BR><BR>Jens<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0166_01BF9E71.F0C68BA0--