[Zope] Re: Data mining (Was: ZTables is going to die?)

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:03:43 -0500 (CDT)

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> You may want to look at the Gestalt System:
>
>   http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/

I browsed the info when they first announced it and looked it over
again, to see if there was anything substantially different.

I believe we are attempting to perform different tasks at possibly
fundamentally different levels. I believe we need a more general
approach to the interface problems, more like what Philip and Ty
are doing with the LoginManager. I.e. make Zope smarter about how
to handle its data source objects than trying to make its data
source objects smarter.

Of course I could be wrong in my perception of what they are trying
to accomplish, but I have developed several unstructured, real-time
feedback systems to investigate true Gestalt rules of perception
and I don't really see a viable 'gameplan' there...

Thanks Much!