[Zope] Printing, let's try this again

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:16:34 -0500

Currently, I carefully construct a page to print using DTML and HTML with heavy reliance on tables using absolute widths and such to
place elements on page. (Thought about using CSS but haven't had time to get up to speed on it.)

Am in the process of coverting to generating PDFs using open source python tool from www.reportlab.com

              Jim Sanford
      .       Database Engineer
     / \  /   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
    /   /     720 Oak Circle Drive East
   /  /  \    Mobile, AL 36609
  / /     \   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
 /         \  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
              Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

 Nucleus.  All You NEED in an RTOS.  Royalty Free

----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel G. Rusch <drusch@globalcrossing.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 2:35 PM
Subject: [Zope] Printing, let's try this again

I have a site that users use to build quotes. Once they get them the way
they like them they are going to need to print them. The browser print
button is not a good solution for many reasons, we need a header and
footer on pages, pagination etc.

So the the question once again is: Is anyone printing from Zope. i.e.
sending html to a html to pdf converter, or some other solution? Note:
The ZPdfDocument doesnt convert the complete html page.

Dan