[Zope] (OT?)Weirdness searching lists.zope.org/pipermail

addyd@unk.edu addyd@unk.edu
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:38:14 -0500

Something strange I noticed today.
Every search I do in Google that results in a lists.zope.org/pipermail
listing...
When I click on the link, I don't get the message that is referenced. If I
click on Google's "Cached" link, I get the proper message.

Example:
Google search for "XML RPC Woes" returns 2 results:
lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-February/018668.html
lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-February/018669.html

018668 brings up a message on: [Zope] sqlsession and XML-RPC Woes is
mentioned nowhere on the page (including the Previous or Next messages).
018669 brings up a message on: [Zope] RE: zope/style sheets (same absence
of XML-RPC Woes).

Clicking on the Google Cached pages gets me the proper (XML-RPC) messages.
(Google's Cached pages saves the day again!)

Does anyone know if  this a Google problem or is it something related to
the list (and/or Zope)? Have never seen it happen with Google before and
have been using it since early Alpha days.

Darren Addy
University of Nebraska at Kearney