[Zope] Does GUF work with 2.1.6?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:02:52 +0100

Hi all,
Can someone confirm that GenericUserFolder 1.2.0 works with Zope
2.1.6? - I'm looking very closely at GUF as UserDB 1.3. doesn't work
fully with 2.1.6 and I really need SQL authentication.

I've just installed a clean 2.1.3 and updated to 2.1.6 using the
mini-installer and then installed GUF 1.2.0.
I've followed the instructions at
http://www.zope.org/Members/hippy/GUF_SQL_crypt_1_1 which certainly
help in the setting up process, as well as reading the README in the
GUF distn.

User 'jorge' has roles of
Anonymous
Manager
defaultrole
specialrole

I've tried using cookie and standard authentication, and have set an
index_html doc in the same folder as the acl_users folder to have no
perms. for 'Anonymous' and view for 'Manager'. I always get a basic
authentication dialog pop up and 'jorge', 'secret' is not recognised.

It looks a very interesting package, but at the moment, I'm stumped.

any advice would be appreciated.
tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2