[Zope] RE: GUF works for zope2.1.6

DR KEITH KEE keithkee@msn.com
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 07:29:17 +0800

Hi Phil and Tony

I have got GUF 1.2.0 working with zope 2.1.6 using Postgresql as the sql
server.
Until I got the debug trace out, I couldn't figure out what is happening.

My 2 cents worth...

1. Uncomment the python code line to generate debug information, restart
zope.
2. Remove the example codes (including jorge,etc - couldn't get that working
either).
3. Add in your own user and group info in your sql.
4. Insert 'Manager' in group table and map one user to it. [test it out
first with this user]
5. Check the management screen in GUF Folder - userlist, etc - ensure it is
getting correct info from sql.
6. Flush the cache in your GUF Folder before testing it as per instruction.
7. On the browser end, start a new browser to test a new user, otherwise
your superuser will always suceed.
8. Use the debug info from the zope terminal to guide you in your specific
setup.
9. Once that is working, remove the Manager role - defeats reason for GUF.
10. Insert local roles for better security with the debug trace to help you
set it up.
11. Two important privileges - access contents information and view must be
checked to view a zope resource.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Keith