[Zope] Zope monitor - howTo ? iow. Restarting Zope

Anders Holmbech Nielsen ahn2@integrator.dk
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:12:03 +0200

Hi

I have tested the -Z option but it doesn't seem to work quite as it
should because it still crashes. Here is my start file:

#! /bin/sh
reldir=`dirname $0`
PYTHONHOME=`cd $reldir; pwd`
export PYTHONHOME
exec /usr/local/zope/bin/python \
      $PYTHONHOME/z2.py -Z 'monitor.pid' \
      -D "$@"

is something completely bogus or what do ya' think ?? The file
'monitor.pid' seems fine and it contains the correct PID but this PID
also quits when Zope is crashing.

>Anders Holmbech Nielsen wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have read in some mails on this list that there is some util named
>> "Zope monitor" that one can use to keep Zope running (and yes it
>> crashes, two times the last 4 days).
>>
>> Is there some howTo somewhere or do anyone out there have some cool
>> links I can go to ??
>

>Look at z2.py in your Zope home directory.
>
>The -Z option is what you are looking for.
>

>Bill
>
>--
>In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
>usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
>          -- Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900

Regards

Anders Holmbech Nielsen | Tlf:  (+45) 70 22 56 00
Software Engineer       | Fax:  (+45) 70 22 57 00
Integrator Uniware A/S  | http:/www.integrator.dk