[Zope] Storing an object in RAM during Zope's up-time

Li Dongfeng Li Dongfeng" <ldf@statms.stat.pku.edu.cn
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 17:07:53 +0800

It seems that there's no response to this question yet.
I have met the same problem before, so I think it is
time to offer my suggestion.

I'm afraid that the only way to keep an object in RAM
but not as a percistent object is to define the variable
in a product's global space. I have used this technique
to keep a open pipe in RAM. Of course, you have to define
some method in the product in order to access the object
from outside.

There is another way, name the variable as _v_????, meaning
"volatile", then the variable is not kept in ODB. But,
the variable can only exist for a short period and then it
will vanish automatically.

Original post:
From: "Hung Jung Lu" <hungjunglu@hotmail.com>
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Storing an object in RAM during Zope's up-time
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:29:14 PST

Hi,

How do I store an object in RAM during Zope's up-time?

I don't want to store it as a persistent object.
And I don't want it to disappear after a http transaction
(so REQUEST variable is no good.)

I would like to be able to create this object given
a particular http transaction, and afterward I may
want to modify it. This is a bit like session management
data, but it's a piece of data that is shared by all
sessions...

regards,

Hung Jung