[Zope] Warning: Newbie - sorting in <dtml-in

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:44:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Marco Mariani wrote:
> How do I sort a "lines" property in dtml-in?
>
> <dtml-in "myfolder.mylist">

The following will work (tested):

<dtml-call "myfolder.mylist.sort()">

Note that this will actually change the property, so that next time
you view it in the management interface the contents will show up in
sorted order.  If that's not acceptable, you can always copy the
property contents into REQUEST and sort the copy for use in the
dtml-in.

Hmm, although the documentation of the dtml-in command led me to believe
that the following would *not* work, just for a lark I tried it, and
it seems to:

<dtml-in "myfolder.mylist" sort=sequence-item>

I think that's exactly what you are looking for.

Anyone know the best place to send a documentation suggestion so it
won't get lost?  I understand from the web pages that Digital Creations
is moving towarded an open system for the docs, but I don't see anyplace
to send suggestions in the meantime.

--RDM