[Zope] Is it just me?

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Sun, 09 Apr 2000 15:16:59 -0400

Actually, it's pretty simple.  The move from <!--#var to <dtml-var was
largely inspired by a desire to play nicer with HTML editors that let
you extend their tags.  Think of it as namespaces in XML.

There are lots of products that have their own tags, neatly prefaced
with something to indicate that they belong to the product.

Imagine, though, if all the products and projects on the web that did
this reduced their prefixes to a single letter.  The chance of
collisions would go up significantly.

In the end you're right -- it should be easy enough for you to hack the
DTML machinery to look for any prefix you choose.

--Paul