[Zope] Warning: Newbie - sorting in <dtml-in

Anders Holmbech Nielsen ahn2@integrator.dk
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:51:30 +0200

>>On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Marco Mariani wrote:
>>>How do I sort a "lines" property in dtml-in?
>>>
>>><dtml-in "myfolder.mylist">
>>
>>The following will work (tested):
>>
>><dtml-call "myfolder.mylist.sort()">
>>
>>Note that this will actually change the property, so that next time
>>you view it in the management interface the contents will show up in
>>sorted order.  If that's not acceptable, you can always copy the
>>property contents into REQUEST and sort the copy for use in the
>>dtml-in.

>>Hmm, although the documentation of the dtml-in command led me to believe
>>that the following would *not* work, just for a lark I tried it, and
>>it seems to:
>>
>><dtml-in "myfolder.mylist" sort=sequence-item>
>

>Even though this example works it doesn't seem to be a general rule
>of dtml-in. Because this one does not work:
>
><dtml-in "artikler.artikel_catalog.uniqueValuesFor('kategorier')"
>sort=sequence-item>
>
>But what does and does not work when using the sort value ? And how
>does one sort when using the uniqueValuesFor ?

well... it DOES work. My test data just confused me because words
starting with big letters like 'Horse' or Zebra comes before
'abraham' or 'bunny'. Is this a good idea ?? Generally I would
prefere that 'A' and 'a' are equal when sorted. What du you think ??