[Zope] Subclassing from GUF-User object

Ingo Assenmacher ass@Pool.Informatik.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:19:55 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi All!

I have subclassed a cusstom-user-object from the GUF package, but I need
to provide the "guf" argument to the User's __init__ method.
Two strange things:

a) where do I get a reference on the folder (since constructing a user
with the management interface uses a factory). I tried PARENTS[1], which
is an object that has meta_type GUF, but:
b) strange, strange things happen when I do this... the user instance get
normally created everything looks fine. I switch to another level within
the tree and back to my folder again... suddenly my user-object is a
generic-user-folder and "could not lock state for..." messages flush the
screen. (obviously I can thrash my dbase from that point on, since any
attempt to erase the broken object turns out to be impossible)

I need help... FAST!

regards, Ingo.