[Zope] string or list?

Siggy Brentrup bsb@winnegan.de
11 Apr 2000 10:26:12 +0200

Curtis Maloney <curtis@umd.com.au> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> 	I'm having a small problem (duh! :)
>
> 	In my page, a person might select a number of items from a list.  The
> list is generated from an SQL query, and has unique IDs for each row.  Fine.
> Simple, right?
>
> 	Sure... And each row has a radiobutton input called 'done'.  When the
> user hits submit, if they've pressed any of the radiobuttons i will get either
> a 'done' string (one selected) or a 'done' list (multiple selected).

> 	Problem is.. how do i tell which?  Is it possible with DTML, as i try
> to avoid using external methods for something so trivial.

Here's a code snippet I use:

<dtml-comment>
  oids   - If only one entry is checked, this is a string containing the
           value attribute, otherwise it's a list of value strings
  arrgs  - ARRGS!
  rowids - List of value strings to work with
</dtml-comment>
<dtml-let arrgs="REQUEST.get('oids',[])"
          rowids="[]">
  <dtml-try>
    <dtml-call "rowids.extend(arrgs)">
  <dtml-except TypeError>
    <dtml-call "rowids.append(arrgs)">
  </dtml-try>

[...]

</dtml-let>

The code relies on the fact that Python's LIST.extend() method
requires a list argument.

HTH
  Siggy

--