[Zope] Re: Zope hanging (poss. threads-related)

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:50:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Marcus Collins wrote:

> different thread implementation to that used on Linux. If this is happening
> on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris, the my hunch (dare I voice it?) is that this
> hanging occurs somewhere deep in the bowels of ZServer.

Although I have stopped chasing this bug, my guess too, is that the
problem is with ZServer somewhere. For one, placing a print statement
inside the async loop solved one of the problems I had, but I never
figured out what was wrong. In the end I gave up and wrote my own python
supervisor module (based on Dan Bernstein's author of qmail) which
basically restarts Zope when it dies, plus a script to check if it has
hanged in which case it restarts it again.

Pavlos