[Zope] Newbie(?) Zope + MySql .. installation problems ++ ;)

jorgen.skogstad@getronics.no jorgen.skogstad@getronics.no
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:22:16 +0200

Kindest..

I am having some small problems getting MySql support into my Zope
projects. Here is what I get when I try to compile  MySQLdb-0.2.0 ..

gcc -fpic  -I/usr/include/mysql -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include/python1.5
-I/usr/local/include/python1.5 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./_mysqlmodule.c
gcc -shared  _mysqlmodule.o  -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -o _mysqlmodule.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lmysqlclient: Ingen slik fil eller filkatalog
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [_mysqlmodule.so] Error 1
Whoa, couldn't import _mysql: No module named _mysql
Probably _mysqlmodule.so didn't compile correctly.
Or your library paths may be bad. Check the FAQ.
[root@new MySQLdb-0.2.0]#

.. as for the installation guides on the www.zope.org archives; none have
worked for me. Could anyone who's already done this be kind enough
to share some wisdom! ;)

I admit; this might be a good time to start learning Oracle, but then again;
mySql fits jus perfect for what I am going to do! ;)

Would apriciate any input.

.. and you all have a nice day!

Kindest,
Jørgen Skogstad