[Zope] Using external methods

Andy Pahne ap@net22.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:02:35 +0200

Hi there,

I am using an external method in order to accomplish a task which I find
would be too complicated to do with DTML. The external function which I
wrote already works as expected.

Later on I wanted to expand the actions that this external method performs.
I added a few functions in order to break the application logic into smaller
parts, but when I wanted to test it, I found that I could not call the
additional functions from the external method I wrote first, althoug these
helper functions reside in the same module.

How do I reference (call) the functions inside the module file? What about
this self-parameter? Do I have to add an external method object for each of
the functions definded inside the module?

By the way another question: How do I reference _ from inside the module?

Andy Pahne, ap@net22.net

net22 GmbH
Bad Meinberger Strasse 1
32760 Detmold