[Zope] FSSession atomicity?

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:06:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Curtis Maloney wrote:

> So, if the user logs in correctly, they are redirected to whence they came,
> which would normally shunt them off to another page.  Would I be correct in

I believe that a RESPONSE.redirect will first commit the current
transaction before redirection (I should check the source code), in which
case the FSSession contents would be available.

> assuming that the cookie being set is a good indicator of a new transaction
> beginning?  or one ending?

Yes, good idea. A cookie will only be set when a transaction commits.
Check if the cookie is there after the redirection occurs.

Pavlos