[Zope] Cascading Methodcalls

Helmut Toplitzer helmut@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:03:11 +0200

Hi again!

Thank you for your fast response!

After I've read again my old message, I've noticed that I didn't tell
you exactly what I want.

I want to realize something simmilar like "information hiding" in
OO-programming context.

example:

Folder structure:
Main
|-a
  |-c
  |-b

In folder c and b is a Method which return some content.
In folder a and Main a Method collects with

<dtml-in "PARENTS[0].objectValues(['Folder'])">
  <dtml-with "_[_['sequence-item'].id]">
   <dtml-var Method_in_c_b>
  </dtml-with>
</dtml-in>

the information from the subfolder. (That works well.)
If I add a Method in Main which tries to collect the Information from
its Folders
in the same way as the Mathed in folder a some Errors arrive instead of
the result I want.

Has someone a hint?

-Helmut