[Zope] returning external data

a.wacknitz@francotyp.com a.wacknitz@francotyp.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:10:45 +0200

Hi all,

I have the problem to return files that are held in a version management
system through Zope.
My momentary solution is to check out a requested file into a temp directory
returning the (local) file name to which the calling request is redirected.
LocalFS is doing the rest of the job (the basepath is mapped to the temp
directory).
I have a problem with this solution: I don't know when it is safe to delete
the temporary files.
I wonder if it is possible to check out files to stdout and then returning
the byte stream.
I have no clue how this could by done in Python.
I also guess that I have to set the content type of the response
appropriately and maybe the file name. But I have no idea how to do that
either.
So, any help and hints are welcome.

TIA,
Andreas
This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of
computer viruses.

Francotyp-Postalia AG & Co.