[Zope] Starting Zope dies with an NT exception

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:36:55 +1300

In article <lYoiaPATUE94Ew0Q@compkarori.com>, Graham Chiu
<anon_emouse@hotmail.com> writes
>I've tried a fresh installation. Okay.  Then I copy my data.fs across
>without any of the optional products.  Add Tiny tables.  Okay.  Then I
>add the ZODBC adapter, and wham, it dies.

Well, I think I have figured out what happened.

When I copied my data.fs across, it had a ZODBC connection to a system
DSN which on my notebook used a different driver but the same name.  I
ended up with two different ODBC drivers attaching to the same tables,
and it seemed to be a lethal combination.  I was using this before
without a problem, but I then upgraded my sql engine in the weekend as
well.

In the course of this, I noticed another problem.  Over the weekend I
upgraded my server to 2.1.6 from running 2.1.3.  This seemed to have
killed a ZSQL method which was a straight forward insert.

When tested from the management interface it worked fine.  When tested
in a document using literal values, it worked fine.  When I used literal
values within a method, it gave an ODBC error - about character or
numeric truncation.

I reverted to 2.1.3 and then noticed that the ZSQL method's icon had
become a folder icon now, and I am unable to delete/access it.

I recreated the ZSQL method, and it now works okay again.

Questions:

How can I remove a corrupt object like this?
Is 2.1.6 absolutely solid on zsql/odbc?  ( I realize that 2.1.5 was
broken with respect to ZSQL methods )
Is it possible to keep earlier versions of Zope up on Zope.org?

--
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz