[Zope] Re: Zope hanging (poss. threads-related)

Marcus Collins mcollins@sunesi.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:11:34 +0200

Firstly, it's great to see the involvement of all these brains! Thanks to
all of you! Secondly, sorry for the cross-posting... please don't hang me
;-)

> I would *really* like for us to capture the information
> flowing through the list in some less ephemeral form, so I have set up
> a Wiki for discussing this and other availability/stability/
> reliability issues at:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/Projects/HighlyAvailableZope/

Tres, I also agree that this should not get lost amongst all the regular
traffic. This list is busy enough as it is. However, perhaps other folk
(Jerome Alet, others?) are just now beginning to say "me too", and so the
rest of the list does need a chance to be involved. Not everyone is a member
at zope.org either, and perhaps not everyone understands how Wiki works. It
can also prove difficult, unless someone is moderating the posts, to not get
tangled, whereas a threading mail client... this is basically just the same
argument as was levelled about a week ago at the suggestion of using Wiki
for bug tracking.

Wiki is a fine thing, but I noticed now, when www.zope.org was back up, that
despite having logged in, as soon as I when to the above URL, I was "Guest"
again, and unable to annotate the discussion... (no "edit" link, etc.) Maybe
this is a symptom of operator failure? For now, however, I'll continue
CC'ing the zope list, unless you specifically wish it to be shunted to the
zope-dev list?

Maybe the other zope users have an opinion on this as well?

Thanks for taking the initiative in this regard, thanks to all at DC for the
ongoing support, and thanks to the list for their reports! Let's all
continue together towards the solution!

-- Marcus