[Zope] Counting Memory Usage aka. Reading Top output.

J. Atwood Jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:04:35 -0400

> A shopping spree at the local bookstore does little good if none of the
> documentation for Zope is available at the local bookstore....
>
> While I agree with you that Zope is a very impressive product, I'd be an
> awful lot more impressed if it came with documentation that was actually
> useful.  I really don't fancy the prospect of reverse-engineering code to
> figure out how to use something -- and that's about the only way to figure
> out how to use Zope at this time.

What I meant about the books is that there are at least 4 Python books and
countless Unix, Apache etc, books that will help in any Zope installation
(good to know more than just the Zope part).

The documentation is weak, but not the weakest. I tried installing Apache's
JServe a week ago and it was the most frustrating event ever. After 10
hours, many printed notes, FAQs, etc I was able to get it via one stupid
little configuration in one of the **4** config files.

This also goes for most Open Source software products I have played with.
Very basic, very crude, very matter-of-fact documentation for the beginner.

Zope will get better, we will help.