[Zope] Zope fine tuning HOW-TO / Zope Performance

kdie kedai@kedai.com.my
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:51:12 +0800

>To speed things up:
>
>1. Do the kind of optimization you'd do in any programming environment.
>E.g. move repeated calculations out of loops, etc..
>
>2. Rewrite key sections of your DTML in Python should help.
>
>3. Add caching of results.  Sending prerendered data is 5-10 times faster
>than sending the DTML that generates the data.  This is an especially good
>idea if you're dealing with structured text.

can someone with the know how give us newbies pointers on how to do this.  a
how to would be great.

>4. Add HTTP caching headers so your pages get called less.

this too.  i tried generating the headers thru apache, but that didn't
really turn out right.  it seems that my headers are dated in the past, so
zope has to render the page again.  would doing it from zope help?  i looked
at zope.org source and see that zope.org generate the headers with dtml.
tried copying it but can't get the right date format.

it may seem trivial, even a requirement to being a web developer, but not
everybody has access to such previleged kowledge. (meaning me :))
 tia