[Zope] Making my own Folder Object

Andrew Diller dillera@isc.upenn.edu
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:06:35 -0400

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 05:51:38PM +0200, Pierre Rougier wrote:

> > yes, this helps. But how about in inheriting the actions of a folder?
> >
> > I.e. when I make a new _special_ folder, it will automatically create an index_html and an acl_user
> > folder?
> >

> Try it! I am a beginner too...;^)
> I will have to do it too, but I think it will create what u want..., like in any Folder.

Yes, I have of course-- but what I am trying to figure out is the hook to get the creation of one of
my 'special' folders to create other objects (to start, some dtml-docs) _inside_ my new folder.

I've created the documents inside the ZClass in my product, but when I create a new instance of my
folder, those dtml-docs (that I make in the Zclass methods) _don't appear_ in my folder instance.

Does anyone know where/how I can tell the Folder_add method to create these 'default' dtml-documents?

thanks,

andy