[Zope] FTP uploading and properties

Mike Orr mso@sense-sea-MegaSub-1-220.oz.net
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:09:44 -0700

I had always thought that if you uploaded a DTML Document via FTP in
place of an existing one, it would wipe out the document's properties.
But when I tried it just now, it didn't.  Is it safe to use FTP to
upload changes to documents without losing the properties?

On a related note, I'm designing a Product representing an article.
It will have a "body" attribute/property containing a "large" amount
of text, and smaller fields
for the title, author, etc.  Our writers will want to edit the body
with an external editor, but set the other attributes only via the web.
Are there any special methods I can put in my Product class to trap
FTP PUT/GET requests and pass only the "body" value in and out?
Or should I just make my Product look like a DTML Document with extra
properties?

--
-Mike Orr, mso@mso.oz.net  -or-  mso@oz.net  (permanent: mso@jimpick.com)
   http://mso.oz.net/     English * Esperanto * Russkiy * Deutsch * Espan~ol