[Zope] Cloning objects to a ZClass instance

Joachim Werner joachim.werner@iuveno.de
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:38:19 +0200

I'd like to repeat a question to the list that seems to be more complicated
than I thought:

What I want to do is have a template folder with default images etc. in a
container ZCLass. The item ZClasses in the container (e.g. preconfigured member
homepages of a portal site) should not just be able to use the templates by
aquisition, but the template folder should be physically copied to the ZClass
instances at creation time so that the template content can be easily
customized within the instance.

I tried manage_clone and other ways, but with no success so far.

It must work in principle because I can do simple copy&paste in the
management interface, and I guess everything that can be done there can be done
programmatically, too ...

Any hints?

Joachim Werner.