[Zope] LoginManager HOWTO?

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:39:48 -0300

(I'm not sure if this is the right place... perhaps zope-dev or
zope-ptk, but anyway...)

I'm trying out the LoginManager independently of PTK, and well,
it just doesn't work :-) I can add it to the folder, then it
immediatly locks me out.

This is the same problem most people have on their first try of
GUF, so I looked in the source code for a similar way out (a
fallback user), but I haven't found one.

What am I doing wrong? :-)

Also, an inquiry:

The reasons I don't use GUF are, (1) it doesn't by default
acquire users, and (2) it's (in the author's words) "trivial to
grab people's passwords".

(1) is bad because I don't want to make it any easier for
people who maintain subsites here to lock me out of them. It is
already possible to do that by creating a different user with
the same Id (and not giving it any roles), but that can be
easily walked around too; but not acquiring users is something
that (for us) just won't do.

Back to the topic... the reason for this rant is that I'd like
to know how well LoginManager is WRT these two concerns :-)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
                 pgp key in the personal page

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar