[Zope] Zope and CSS

Peter Bengtsson peter.bengtsson@rufusleonard.co.uk
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:36:19 +0100

Is this the proper way of testing which browser you use?
I copied the code below and it doesn't work, on other words, I get the NOT
netscape case even in NN. (NN4.7 by the way)

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of ed
colmar
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 5:16 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope and CSS

You could also try linking your stylesheet as a <dtml-var> instead of
linking it as a URL.  like this:

This goes anywhere in the header.  I put mine in standard_html_header.

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<dtml-if netscape>
<!--
<dtml-var your_netscape_stylesheet>
-->
<dtml-else>
<!--
<dtml-var your_other_stylesheet>
-->
</dtml-if>
</STYLE>

-----

The stylesheets should be regular zope methods with id's:
"your_netscape_stylesheet" , and "your_other_stylesheet".

>I am also sending two different stylesheets depending on the browser (IE
or NS).  Don't ask why! :)