[Zope] ZClasses and ZCatalog: reindexing problem

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:32:10 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Monta" <apmonta@excite.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Cc: <kid@kendermedia.com>; <444@hiretechs.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZClasses and ZCatalog: reindexing problem

> Thanks Jason and Kevin for the prompt replies.  But in fact my _add
> constructor method had been changed to include the reindex module, just as
> in the example below:
>
> >  <dtml-with "createInObjectManager stuff...."
> >    <dtml-call
> "propertysheets.YourPropSheet.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
> >    <dtml-call reindex_object>
> >  </dtml-with>
>
> And that's what puzzles me: it doesn't work.  I tried doing this:
>
> >    <dtml-call reindex_object()>

Hmm... The example I gave you *should* work... I use it all the time.

The other one you tried wouldn't work because of the way the shortcuts in
DTML work.

<dtml-call reindex_object> = <dtml-call name="reindex_object">

By saying, <dtml-call reindex_object()>, you're actually looking to call
something called "reindex_object()". <dtml-call "reindex_object()"> is more
in line with what you're thinking, but you would probably need to pass some
parameters in there...

You may try experimenting with things directly via URLs, just to figure out
where the problem may lie.

You can go to
http://yoursite/yourObjURL/propertysheets/YourPropSheet/manage_changePropert
ies?propname=value
Then, try http://yoursite/yourObjURL/reindex_object
and see if the object shows up in your catalog.

Not sure what other advice to give at this point, because this generally
works just great for me.

Kevin