[Zope] Local FS manage_addFolder woes

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:26:26 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
To: "Stephan Richter" <srichter@cbu.edu>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>; "Jonothan Farr" <jfarr@real.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2000 2:04 PM
Subject: [Zope] Local FS manage_addFolder woes

> The frustrating thing is that, through the management interface, I can do
exactly what I want in
> exactly the same way I'd do it with any other folder: add folder -> fill
in form -> hit button.
> This suggests that I should be able to do an add folder in the same way
programatically as I would
> for a normal folder.

Let me start with the caveat that I've never used LocalFS. I do have a tip
that may be useful to you, though. When you select "Add Folder" from the
LocalFS manage interface and the form comes up, do a View Source. If
something works in the management interface and you want to make it work in
DTML, doing a View Source can often show you what function is called (the
form action) and with what parameters (the form variables).

(It looks like LocalFS uses the name LocalDirectory... so maybe the function
is manage_addLocalDirectory?)

manage_addFolder probably doesn't work because a "Folder" is a Zope object
that can contain other objects *and* properties and participates in the Zope
security machinery... a file system directory doesn't do the same things...

Kevin