[Zope] slow site

Nitin Borwankar nitin@borwankar.com
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:42:20 -0500

Timothy Wilson wrote:
[...]
> The site address is http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ Notice in particular
> the long delay while the browser is contacting the host. Everything loads
> pretty quickly once the page starts appearing.
>
> A non-Zope, purely static page on the same server,
> http://www.comed.isd197.k12.mn.us/, loads much more quickly.

I suspect that you may have a DNS problem and the delay is because
ZServer sees itself as running on "www" rather than the fully qualified
domain name and thus causing a long DNS lookup via the search
entry in /etc/resolv.conf and entries in /etc/hosts.

It is probably a combination of ZServer configuration + DNS config.

You don't see the same problem with the static page because it is
likely being serverd by Apache and the Apache configuration files
have the fully qualified domain name and so are not doing a long
DNS lookup.

Just a possibility.

Nitin Borwankar,
nitin@borwankar.com