[Zope] png content type woe

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:48:23 -0400

> Recently, I've been converting GIF Images into png Images,
> and found something wired, i.e.
>
> The Content Type of the png Images are set to "image/x-png"
> not to "image/png"
> Yes, this causes problem on *some* of the clients not on
> *all* of them and I can *manually* reset the content type to
> the official "image/png".
>
> That said, I shall have lots of png images, so resetting
> manually is simply not a viable option. Furthermore, even
> though, I've browsed the sources of Zope and python 1.5.2
> modules, failed to find the root of this problem.

What are you using to upload the .png files? I bet that what
is happening is that the client you are using to upload is
saying that they are of type 'image/x-png'. When you upload
an Image (or File), it will store whatever content-type the
client claims that the object is and return that as the
content-type when the image/file is viewed (if the client
doesn't give a content-type Zope will guess, but the code for
guessing would have returned the right thing: 'image/png').

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909