[Zope] ZClasses and ZCatalog: reindexing problem

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:31:58 GMT

Anthony:

> Hi!
>
> Yippee: yes, the encapsulation works!

Glad to hear it.

> though I  began with the initial
> <dtml-if>, continued with the <dtml-with> lines, and then added the redirect
> calls at the end before closing the <dtml-if>.
>
> Thank you!

Glad to help.

> But: the little test method worked better once I asked for a variable other
> than "id" to display.  With "id," I kept getting "Catalog," no matter what
> indexed value I specified.  If I typed in another variable for display, like
> "rank," I got the proper thing.  This means the test method was telling Zope
> to look for the id in the namespace defined by the <dtml-in> tag, not the
> namespace of the zclass instance -- have I got that right?

Well, if you want the namespace of the Cataloged object and you are in the
Catalog folder then you have to either have a meta_table for the
information, or use a with tag like this:

<dtml-in "Catalog(myProperty='whatever')">
 <dtml-with "resolve_url(getpath(data_record_id_),REQUEST)">
  <dtml-var anypropertyIdamnWellpleasefromMyInstance>
 </dtml-with>
</dtml-in>

That's useful in reports so that you don't have to have meta_tables for
everything under the sun.

All my best,

Jason Spisak
CIO