[Zope] [GENERAL] PyGres DB Connection in Zope drops when many Users are added (UserDB) (UserDB)

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 01:19:25 -0500

Hello everyone,

This is a help message to every mailing list, I think this issue could be
related to. We are in production and 5000 flyers (45000 follow) were sent
out and the site keeps giving problems.

I use:
Zope 2.1.4, PyGres 2.x, Apache, and PostGres 7.0RC1

The issue:
It seems like that whenever "many" (10, I know that is not much) people
sign up at the same time on our Web Site (http://www.plandepot.com), we
loose the DB connection. The connection is simple restored, when
disconnecting and the reconnecting the database.
Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the error outside of business
hours, so I had never the chance to inspect the issue in detail. I
personally do not think it is PostGreSQL or Zope, since I would have read
more about it.
I have to mention, that PyGres is not thread safe and by default Zope uses
more than one thread if required. So could that be the issue? How do I
setup Zope in a way, that it uses only one thread? Also, I do not use any
of the caching features in Zope SQL Methods either.

Any ideas are appriciated.

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development